2.28.2007

Wiretap: Muffin Top

We've probably mentioned we don't watch a lot of TV, it cuts into our drinking time, but we've been catching up on NBC's 30 Rock and well, we like it. It's not a great show by any means, but occasionally Fey and co. hit on something so sublime or sublimely stupid it makes us tinkle in our pants a little. Case in point: the song "Muffin Top." Jane Krakowski's dumb blond actress cliche has released it as a single, which is the "number 1 hit in Israel and number 5 in Berlin!" It's an almost dead-on Britney impersonation (pre-head shave/rehab/career freefall) and we likey.

For the uninitiated, a muffin top, as defined by Urban Dictionary, is "
when a woman wears a pair of tight jeans that makes her flab spill out over the waistband, just like the top of a muffin sits over the edge of the paper case."

It's so good it makes us wonder if Andy Samberg wrote it.

And because we're wired wrong, this song kinda sorta reminds us of Mike Albo's brilliant spoof single "Pink Pudding" just a tiny bit.

Below we've reprinted the lyrics, should you want to add "Muffin Top" to your repertoire.


Everyone knows
that the most delicious part of the muffin
is the top...
My muffin top is all that
Whole grain, low fat
I know you wanna piece of that
But I just wanna dance
You're checkin' out my sweet hips
My sugar coated berry lips
I know you wanna get with this
But I'm just here to dance
So back up off of me
You're weirding me out
I'm an independent lady (oh!)
So do not try to play me (oh!)
I run a tidy bakery (oh!)
All the boys (oh!) want (oh!) my (oh!) cake (oh!) for free (oh!)

2 comments:

Marcus said...

I been catching up on tomorrow's 30 Rock episode and it's hilarious again. Check out the clip here.

What episode is Muffin Top from? It's got me thinking that 30 Rock is a better less improv less drunk version of SNL.

OperatorNYC said...

It's from episode 5, when Jack does a sketch on the show.

As far as it being a less improv less drunk SNL...while it glosses over the backstage coke-and-fuck fest that makes SNL legendary, it is Fey's vision. We call it a win/lose/draw.