7.26.2006

411: Lance Finally Gets Around to Telling People He's Gay

After the spate of rumors linking him to realityTV star Reichen Lehmkuhl, Lance "boy band" Bass finally drags himself out of the closet in an exclusive People Magazine interview. After he got back from Provincetown, natch.

Quoth the magazine:
Now, after years of keeping his personal life private, the Mississippi-bred, Southern Baptist-reared Bass, 27, is publicly revealing what he first shared with his friends, then his shocked family.

Quoth his friends:
"He took years to really think about how he was going to tell everyone," says his close buddy Fatone, 29, who was the first 'N Sync bandmate to find out Bass is gay. "I back him up 100 percent." Adds Bass’s longtime pal, actress Christina Applegate: "I've always accepted him as who he is. It's about his own serenity at this point."

Quoth Lance:
"The thing is, I’m not ashamed – that’s the one thing I want to say," he explains of his decision to come out. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I’ve been my whole life. I'm just happy."

First, we're happy for Lance. I mean, he's dating an actor/model/reality star and they make great arm candy for the slew of interviews and television appearances that will no doubt follow these none-so-stunning revelations. Here are the things we've been pondering:
1) His family was shocked? We don't believe it. A mother always knows.
2) Why is frostylocks appearings sans trademark highlights on the cover?
3) He's BFF with Christina Applegate? We totally got that fag hag vibe from her.

But more disturbing is a revelation that he's pitching an Odd Couple inspired sitcom with 'N Syncer Fatone. And that People describe Lance as a "hearthrob."



[via towleroad]


; ;

No comments: